Wednesday, September 7, 2011

beginning...

Hey class my name is Leidy I was born in Oaxaca, Mexico and my parents brought me to California when I was about a year old. I don't remember much from when I was there but I have visited Oaxaca many times. I am the oldest, I have a younger sister and a younger brother. I grew up in Carlsbad and went to school there until my second year in Carlsbad High School. My parents bought their first home and my family and I ended up moving to Oceanside. I attended Vista High School for my junior and senior year and graduated in 2006. I then decided to attend Mira Costa College as well as figure out what I wanted to focus in. I always enjoyed working with kids, me being the oldest I remember playing school with my younger cousins which I then new that I wanted to become a teacher. I finally met all my requirements and decided to apply to CSUSM and was very excited when I received the letter of acceptance.

I would have to say that I love computers but I am so used to the PC computers that changing to a MAC is definitely a challenge. I only use computers for what I consider important stuff for example homework, navigate the internet, and download my pictures from my camera to the computer. But other then that I do not use it for anything else, for example if I need to get a burned CD with music I would ask my boyfriend to do it for me. I do not own any sort if I pod or mp3 so a CD is what works for me. It might sound hard to believe but I definitely need lots of work and that is one of the reason I know I will enjoy this class. Another thing that I can not live without is my phone and that is to text and keep connected to the cyber world.

The CSUSM education mission statement is strong and one of favorite parts is "We are commitment to... life long learning" I believe that when a school is committed to helping us reach our goal is only fair that we put 150% as well. We need to be focus because all this hard work will pay at the end. Yes, there might be some times when school might get frustrating but that is why we have the support of the school to help us overcome obstacle that we will be faced with. I know that CSUSM provides many methods that will make us stronger individuals.

3 comments:

  1. I feel that having such a diverse background such as yourself, it might be a very positive skill to have in regards to teaching. It must have been hard to move in the middle of high school, I can't even imagine doing that but once again, it builds character and makes you relatable to students going through similar situations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, nice to meet you Leidy, and very cool to read all about you, from being born in Mexico to how you feel about the mission statement of San Marcos. I think that when you said that it is only fair for us to give 150% of what we do into San Marcos is great. I also use a PC so using a Mac is more difficult for me as well. However I found it very interesting that you don't have an Ipod, but CD's work for me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leidy! It was a pleasure meeting you as well :) I lost count as to how many times I moved, also.. I moved homes several times even while I was attending one school, so I'm an in-state traveller :P I decided to work on my teaching credential because I have a heart for kids. My main goal is to finish my credential and get a masters in speech pathology, because I would like to work on a more individual level. Anyway! I see that you're also a 2006 high school graduate! Do you know a Kristine Ko? She's the only person I know from Carlsbad High that's class of '06.

    Man, how was changing high schools? Was it difficult transitioning? What made you want to become a teacher?

    Also! Don't forget to contact those ISTE people about the textbook! =P

    ReplyDelete