Sunday, October 9, 2011

Technology Self-Assessment: School 2.0

I chose module number 1 from my results in NETS-T. Sir Ken Robinson captured my attention when I was viewing my results. I saw the twenty minute speech video which gave me a better understanding about ways to maintain creativity in the classrooms. Mr. Robinsons gives great facts that I had not thought about before. For example, in the beginning of his video he describes how students believe that being wrong is not good which is when creativity starts vanishing. Students grow up thinking that being correct is the only way they will have a bright future. Mr. Robinson explains that we are all born with creativity but over the years it disappears. He also said that creativity is created by many wrongs which makes creativity that much better.

Watching this video provided many great facts that will help us better our education system. During the years I am sure we have all made mistakes, but at the end it made us that much stronger. Students in their early years have huge imagination that we should let them explore. By providing fun ways to teach students they will enjoy school and will be eager to learn. I will definitely incorporate these resources with my students because it will make me a better teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment